Friday, April 24, 2009

quilts of valor






My small sewing group (we call ourselves the Frayed Edges) got together Wednesday and made two quilt tops for Quilts of Valor. One of our members has a long arm and volunteered to machine quilt them and then two others offered to do the bindings. We had a terrific time doing this.

Also, this week I got my brother's quilt all finished and ready to go to the quilter. I also have to make the block for our outgoing guild president and get my Project Linus T.A.P.S. quilt started. It has to be done by May 10. Our guild is going to have a special project night on May l. We meet at a local church at 6:00 p.m. and work on quilts for the hospital at Scott Air Force Base. We seem to be doing a lot of red, white and blue quilts lately.

I went to a quilt show today at a nearby Amish community and it was really nice. So much hand quilting and applique. I don't do much hand work but I certainly like to see what others do.

Oh, I need to post a photo of a friend impersonating Miss America. Isn't she lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment