Thursday, April 30, 2009

Next project


My quilting group is going to exchange blocks in red, white, and blue and this is the one I picked. It is paper pieced and takes a while to do but they are worth it. I think I stood too close to take the photo because it looks pretty washed out but you get the idea. I've never done a Pineapple block before so this was a learning experience.
I also starting going through some of the stuff I brought home from FL and I have 3 boxes of yarn to donate to Project Linus. That is in addition to the green tote full that I kept for myself.
The next thing is to go through the fabric. Some of what I was given is not suitable for Project Linus but I'm sure I will be able to find another charity that will be able to use p-p-p-(I can hardly say it) polyester for something. Someone said that the ladies in the local Amish community might be able to use it to make rag rugs. (?)
Well, I watched the Weather Channel this morning and it looks like rain for a whole week. The farmers are getting antsy to get in the fields and it looks like my tomato plants are going to be late getting in the garden. Oh well, Mother Nature does her own thing and we can't stop her.

No comments:

Post a Comment