Sunday, April 12, 2009

My little Margaret






While I don't really collect sewing machines, it seems that several have come into my possession and I'm not yet ready to get rid of any. A dear friend of mine found a 1938 Singer Featherweight for me over the winter


(see photo) . I was absolutely thrilled! I have been wanting a Featherweight since I joined my quilt guild and several ladies had them that they would take to classes.



About the same time my honey and I went to a community-wide yard sale and I found this sweet little machine named Margaret. She needs some work and is missing a few parts,but even if she never works, I get a lot of joy from just looking at her.


I also have an old Singer in a cabinet, my mother's Elna from the 1960's, a Singer of mine from the late 1980's, two Janome's, a serger and an embroidery machine. Hmmmmm. Perhaps I am collecting a tad too much. I keep telling my husband that I need a sewing studio built just for my stuff but he isn't convinced. Ah, well.


I had said in a previous post that I would post a photo of Yellowstone Natl Park, so let me try that for you. It's truly beautiful. If you have never been there, you must go.

1 comment: