Saturday, April 18, 2009

Nice to be Home

It's nice to be home even though I miss the warm weather. I picked up my Featherweight yesterday and it is wonderful. It sounds smoother than my really expensive Janome machine but, of course, it is only for straight stitching. My quilt group is going to get together next week and make quilts for "Quilts of Valor". There is a tremendous need for quilts to be sent to our military personnel who have been injured in Afganistan and Iraq. My Project Linus chapter is also requesting quilts for T.A.P.S. This is a group that provides quilts for children who have lost a family member in the same military actions. Every quilt that I make for one of these organizations reminds me that I have a great history of military service in my family and I dedicate these quilts to them. My father was a career Marine and was awarded the Purple Heart for injuries received in WWII. My uncle served with General George Patton in Tunisia and Sicily. My brother is now retired but served in the Army reserves and was in Saudi Arabia during Desert Storm. My son was in the Navy for 8 years aboard an aircraft carrier and my husband was in the Air Force and is a Vietnam veteran. So you can see why doing what little that I can for the military means a lot to me. Now you know a little more about me. Thanks for takiing the time to read this. You can always go to www.quilterblogs.com and read more interesting blogs from folks who are interested in all things quilty.

No comments:

Post a Comment