Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Gingko

This is a quilt that I made during my Oriental period. There is a wonderful shop in Lansing, Iowa called Yellow Bird Art Co. and that is where I found the pattern and several of the fabrics. I managed to find most of the rest online and I just love the way this turned out.
My Frayed Edges group met today and we really had a great time. It's so neat to see what everyone else is working on. They helped me pick out borders for my Fall Block Exchange quilt and it is turning out quite nicely.
I started cleaning out my sewing room and now it is a worse mess than it was! I'm beginning to think that I just need to take EVERYTHING out and then start from scratch. Instead of a folding table, I would like to have two 2-drawer filing cabinets with a kitchen counter top on top of them and it needs to be about 8 feet long. If I could really have what I want, I would take up the carpeting and put in hardwood flooring; however, that's not gonna fly. In fact, nothing will happen for a while because my poor hubby almost cut his finger off on a lawn mower blade. He had sharped the blades and was putting them back on when the wrench slipped and he hit his "naughty" finger on one of the blades. He went to the emergency room and has to go back in tomorrow for an orthopedic surgeon to repair the tendon that is cut 3/4 of the way through. Ow, ouch, oooh! It's always something.

No comments:

Post a Comment