Friday, May 22, 2009

I hate to do bindings




I really hate putting bindings on quilts although I do a fairly decent job of it. Most of the time I put them on by machine but for my brother's quilt (see above) I sewed it down on the back by hand. It just looks prettier, I think. I'm so glad I had plenty of time before the reunion to get it done! It was machine quilted by a member of Frayed Edges, Erika Phillips. She does an amazing job and when I want something to look it's best, I send it to her.
I'm putting the binding on a quilt for Quilts of Valor right now. Erika machine quilted it also and used stars and loops. Beautiful!!
I'm about to the point that I can start quilting the quilts that I pieced in Florida this winter. I really need to get them done so I can put the plastic totes away in the garage. My sewing room is never going to get cleaned up if I keep putting things off.
That's it for today.

1 comment:

  1. I hate binding too, you just want the quilt to be finished and it's pretty tedious but isn't it fun when you finally finish?

    ReplyDelete