Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My Favorite Season

Ah, autumn, it just makes my heart happy. The warm days and cool nights, low humidity, colored leaves, mums blooming and all the rest make me smile. I love to sew with the doors and windows open.

My DH and I were gone for a few weeks as we went to Washingon state to see our son and granddaughter. I can't believe that she is growing up so quickly. She is 10 and it won't be long before she is taller than Grama. What a bundle of energy, too. She just never seems to sit down and she about wore us out.

On our way back home we stopped at Yellowstone National Park for a couple of days and then went by Windsor CO to see a dear friend and her husband. Of course, she and I had to visit a couple of quilt shops. Oh, by the way, if you ever get close to Helena, MT there is a wonderful Ben Franklin store there with really nice fabric plus a bead section and just about any other crafty thing that you might be interested in.

The quilt for my sister should be back from the machine quilting lady soon so I had to get the pillow shams done. I still need to make the label but it won't take too long to sew it on then I will be done. Yay.


Below is a bead (really?). My sister makes jewelery and I found this bead in WA that I am going to have her make into a necklace. She told me about Kazuri beads which are made by women in Kenya. Most of the women are single mothers and this is a way for them to earn money to support themselves and their children. If you would like to know more, just search on Kazuri. I'm hoping there might be a bead show close to us this winter.

Well, I guess I'll go see what quilting project I want to work on next. So hard to decide ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment