Thursday, January 7, 2010

Long time absent

I've been absent from blogworld for a while. My mother-in-law was ill and in a nursing home and she has now passed away. It has been hard to deal with but she was in such pain, at least we know that she is in a much better place. God bless you, mom, we love you.

On a much lighter note, my Frayed Edges quilt group have challenged each other to see who can finish the most projects this year. This is a buck-a-block quilt from 2006. I had about half of the blocks done so I got myself together and did the rest of it. Really, it didn't take all that long because it is a kid size quilt.
This is an Irish chain that is even older, I think I made the top around 2004 and just had it stuck away in a drawer.


This little table runner is one that I have had in the same drawer, just not for as many years. Wow, it feel good to get these old things done finally but I still have so many to do. Maybe I'll win the prize for most UFOs finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment