Saturday, August 29, 2009

Bummer

I'm so bummed out. Just got an e-mail from my sister and the last "definitive" test that she had for rheumatoid arthritis came back positive. We both knew that with our mom having had it so bad, chances were good that one of us kids would get it. Even though it is not hereditary, it can be familial. Sis is 53 and that is about a year older than mom was when it attacked her. We'll have to see what kind of treatment the rheumatologist wants to start. Caught early, it isn't as awful as it once was. Right now, sis and her hubby are in California getting ready to get on a cruise ship but, of course, a hurricane is headed for the Baja peninsula so she doesn't know how that will affect the cruise. I kid you not. Some luck she has, eh?

On a lighter note, my DH and I are leaving on a camping trip in a couple of days - going to Iowa for the Midwest Old Threshers Reunion over Labor Day Weekend. We'll leave early and just relax for a couple of days. Seems like there hasn't been much time to camp this year and yet I'm not sure what we have been doing instead.

Well, I'm off to sew some more. Hope it doesn't rain in Iowa while we're there. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment