Thursday, July 9, 2009

Go Red For Women

Well, we took a little time off and went down to Lake Shelbyville and camped for a few days. We always enjoy getting away even if it means that there is catching up to do when we get back. My DH had to get the yard mowed and then went to his mother's to mow hers. I am getting the laundry caught up and took a break to do this blog thingy.






I made the above wallhanging for my husband's cardiologist. The Go Red for Women campaign is for heart disease awareness. Heart disease kills more women than all forms of cancer combined. The pattern is by Sindy Rodenmayer and you can find it at http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/. If you are an applique enthusiast you will love her website.

This photo is of the fall block exchange from my Frayed Edges group. What wonderful bunch of friends I have, and so talented, too!
My final photo is of mixing bowls!! How does this pertain to quilts, you ask? Well, at our family reunion we were reminiscing and I mentioned that I had always wanted a set of Fire King mixing bowls in the tulip pattern because Mom had them and I still miss her terribly. My wonderful sister-in-law went on e-Bay when she got home and found these, bought them and shipped them to me. I can't believe she did that, but here they are. Just because I made a quilt for them. I get teary-eyed every time I look at them.My brother sure picked a keeper.
Gotta go. The dryer just buzzed. Happy quilting.



No comments:

Post a Comment